Consider Who You Call Out For

| Friday, May 13, 2011 | |
Have you ever been in so much stress all you can yell out is, “Help!”? I’ve had to do that several times this week. If you don’t know, I’m in a wheelchair and I have muscular dystrophy. My body is very frail and conditions have to be just right in order for me to get out and about. I just have to be careful not to push myself, because when I do, unpleasant things happen: like shortness of breath, my heart beating harder, or getting really hot. Apparently I pushed myself this week, because that’s what happened. So I literally yelled out, “Jesus, help me! I need your strength!” It was right in the middle of Walmart so you know I was pretty desperate.

Sometimes there are points in your life, where there’s nothing anybody can do except God Himself. Human intelligence and technology can only go so far sometimes. There’s nothing wrong with that stuff, it just never will replace God or His Son, Yeshua (Jesus in Hebrew).

Now we can get down to the point. I thought when the scripture says, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved,” (Romans 10:13) I thought it meant it was only talking about salvation and that’s it. But I just realized today, if you’re already saved, it could mean something much deeper, because when I call on the Lord during those times, He saves from what seems like near-death experiences. When I ask for strength, He gives it to me one way or another. It might be how I want or expect it, but the Lord always helps me endure until I get through the storm. I encourage you, if you are saved, and you’re going through tough situations or terrible storms, don’t be shy, no matter where you are, literally cry out to the Lord for help and in His perfect ways, in His perfect timing, and perfect love, He will eventually help you. If you’re not saved, and you want to know how to be saved, or if you don’t know what I’m talking about, check out these two scriptures from the Word of God:

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.”12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
I’ll leave you with this song I just heard on the radio today. It was on Youtube with the lyrics. It’s “Lift Me Up” from The Afters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment